Below are just some of my finds from the weekend. The back plate is a Johnson Australia plate from the 70s or 80s (my dinner set is made up of mismatched pieces from various Johnson Australia sets), a cabbage or lettuce bowl - I have been looking for one for ages and a pretty floral bowl - as one can never have too many pretty floral bowls.

Clothes on the other hands - I am not so good at. I have found good handbags and jewellery but never clothes. My locals never seemed to have any decent plus sized clothing - or so I thought. After reading Mele Falala and He Called her Siki-Lou's blogs since they joined Aussie Curves, I have been so interested in their thrifted finds - both here and abroad. They seemed to find awesome pieces and have great advice for combining through the racks.
So armed with their knowledge, I hit one of my favourite spots and a new one around the corner. What follows are my finds - as they have just been washed, and are still damp, there are no pics of me in said clothes - but I wanted to join in this week.
So here goes:
An awesome - was so happy it fit me - Fletcher Jones red and white spotted blouse with a pussy bow. perfect for the corporate winter.
Next is my "so ugly its gorgeous" sheer shirt. I couldn't resist this one. Had to try it on. Had to buy it. It will look amazing with a black skirt (pencil or maxi) at work.
I have a slight obsession with maxi skirts at the moment - the hot weather and all I guess.
This is a well made, handmade skirt that I can see me getting a lot of wear out of.
Last, but not least - a homemade floral coat or "house coat" as my mum would probably say.
I am off for a girls weekend away in February, and as a burner, I need some additional protection to my SPF 30+ and figured I can use this as a kaftan so I can save my ghost white tan. I have paired it here with my City Chic (2011/2012) cossie and Big W mens hat (2012/2013 - big head, only mens will fit).
I have loved seeing what bargains the other girls have found - take a look below to see their finds.
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)


great finds well done xx
ReplyDeleteLove the "housecoat" with your bathers and hat. I think they are a great match. You'll look fantastic. :)
ReplyDeleteFirstly I love those plates - that lettuce plate is the bomb (I want it)! I always have trouble finding op shop clothes that I like and that fit me...I love to hear your tips - that you got from the other blogs. And your beach outfit is great - the "housecoat" is wonderful.
ReplyDelete