Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Aussie Curves - Red



Now this should have been an easy post for me. I own a LOT of red clothes, shoes, accessories, lipsticks etc etc. And herein lies my problem - too many choices.
Firstly I thought I'd go for a corporate take on red - I have an old red pencil skirt that I bought many years ago from Myer (Estelle) but after wearing it to work with a simple black top & jacket, it just wasn't doing it for me. It wasn't "Aussie Curves" worthy.

So, here is take 2 at RED.
I love my red Dorothy Perkins jeans and wear them to work more often than I wear them casually. I generally team it with red heels (Diana Ferrari) and a black and white spotted shirt (Kmart). Teamed with a white jacket (Katies), red lips (Clinique "Raspberry") and a top bun, I think I still manage to pull off a corporate look (which is needed as I was interviewing for new staff in this outfit).
Flats to walk from the car park to work...
Noni B necklace as a bracelet




21 comments:

  1. Ooooo, looking gooooood! Love it, great combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel - I was sure you were going to wear your red jeans for this challenge......... I love the combo of red, white & black......

      Delete
  2. your blog looks awesome. I really need to work on sprucing mine up. I love your red patents BTW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Georgia..........the blog design thing is a work in progress but mostly happy about how it looks at the moment. And every woman should own a pair of killer red heels.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Jeanie. Big fan of Diana Ferrari shoes as they cater for those with wide hoofs like me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can never go past black polkadots and red. One of my never fail combos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I have a shirt almost the same as that (mine was from Best and Less) and wore it yesterday. Love it with the red jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only just recently discovered Best & Less's plus size collection - picked up some beauties. Can't beat red jeans with polka dots...

      Delete
  6. ohhhhh LOVE how you worked it with a white jacket! I'm still trying to get my hands on just the right one so I'm totally jealous x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is quite a search Dani - I bought about 4 (cheapish) ones before I bought this one and I am happy with its fit and style. I decided against the predictable black jacket - Aussie Curves is about pushing yourselves.

      Delete
  7. That polka dot shirt is really nice.. I am going to be keeping my eye out for one of those too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Omega, I have a love of pattern, so when I saw this one I jumped on it....

      Delete
  8. I also love the combo of Red, White and black. I think Red and Polka dot is a match made in heaven! Definately adding this look to my Pinterest board. I just need to look for a good white jacket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - the search for the elusive white jacket is a long journey....

      Delete
  9. Very nice indeed! I like it lots!
    Jac @ Common Chaos Chronicle xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your look, love it to bits ... red when matched right is excellent and you know just how. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheri - as I mentioned, I have a lot of red, so I'd hope I was good at matching it..

      Delete
  11. Love the polka dot shirt with the red. And I never thought to wear a necklace as a bracelet. Thanks for the idea. I'm new to your blog. Looking forward to visiting again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina...... I hate necklaces that are too tight up against my throat so I thought I'd wear it another way. Thanks for visiting. :)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.