This challenge had me stumped.
Not because I didn't own any patterned clothes - I had quite a few, but maybe because I had too many patterned clothes and I had no idea how to mix them without making my eyes hurt or me vomit.
Then I saw Ashley Rose's Mixing Patterns post and her advice to choose patterns that are from the same palette and something clicked.......
So I popped into my large wardrobe in the spare room and shopped from my wardrobe - which is my shop of choice these days.
I picked up a striped City Chic skirt, a spotted Kmart sheer shirt and a City Chic spotted jacket with a splash of red on the inside lining.
I decided to add another pattern with my black, white and red floral flats from Wittner, red vintage glass beaded necklace from Bowral Antique markets, red City Chic bangle and pearl Oroton earrings.
So here is my version of mixing patterns - monochromatic with a pop of red.


.jpg)

.jpg)


love this, it's a very chic combo.. :)
ReplyDeletethanks Omega.
DeleteYou look fab! I love the combo of spots and stripes and you did it really well. Well done!
ReplyDeleteAfter a rough start to the challenge I was happy how it went...
DeleteLove, LOVE this. Great outfit. And a robe room is THE BEST for shopping your wardrobe. It gives it loads of room to spread out.
ReplyDeleteI do love my robe room - it has a lot of hidden and forgotten gems in there. You can see clothes "spread out" on the bed behind me.... Thanks Mel
DeleteMixing Patterns, you're doing it right! I LOVE LOVE this!
ReplyDeleteThanks Natalie.........
Deleteohhhh I love your look claire...esp the makeup ;) WOOOT WOOO
ReplyDeletethanks Mele - the make up is a new thing for me. a friend at work showed me how.
Deleteand you doing that damn thing! Just took your look to BOOM! he he he he for reals though, you look beautiful!
DeleteGreat colour palette. You look fab! The pop of red on the jacket is funky.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jocelyn - you cant go wrong with black, white & red...
DeleteJeanie - i have a slight brow obsession so to hear that makes me so happy....
ReplyDeleteLove black and white and spots and stripes are my faves too! :)
ReplyDeletesometimes the simple things in life are the best
DeleteOh this looks so classic and classy.
ReplyDeleteThanks Pammymela
DeleteGreat combo!
ReplyDeleteThanks Nicola
DeleteThis totally rocks! And the pops of red look awesome!
ReplyDeletethanks Olivia - i think the pop of red made the outfit
Delete