I'm back.
Out of the dark and into the light...........kind of.
After missing the last two challenges - pastels and strapless - I am finally able to post. And this is only because I am currently at my parents house, using their wifi, waiting for my own home internet to finally be connected today. Eight weeks without permanent, stable internet (3G is very unpredictable in my home) will (hopefully) be over soon.
So whilst I wait for the delivery man and technician, here is my post.
Tonight is my department xmas party, and last night I ransacked my wardrobe for something to wear. NSW is about to get a heatwave and what I had previously decided to wear was no longer appropriate. Some of my clothes have been in a semi-state of storage prior to the big move. This dress and capelet combination were two items forgotten, and recently found.
I am not a fan of strapless dresses normally - I am a 'thou must cover thine arms' kind of gal, but I love this dress. It stays put - no matter what bra I wear. It is long and cool at the same time.
The capelet was from the City Chic lingerie collection a few years ago. It hasn't really seen the light of day but seems to work really well with this dress.
I am not sure if I will actually wear this tonight - may be a bit too dressy for the event - but is was fun to dress up in it. I normally showcase outfits I actually have worn that day on this challenge but this is one of my first 'dress ups' for it.
Just excuse the lack of makeup - this was after a long day at work and I had just removed my makeup for the day.
This is the first of many xmas/end of year events I have coming up................what about you? Do you have any free time between now and xmas?



Claire this dress is really beautiful and as for time....mine is totally spent up right up until the last day off school then I'm coming back to NSW, the coast and freedom for 6 weeks. YAHOOOOOO!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mele - I might have to travel down to Nowra to thrift with you.....
DeleteLove the length on you! Looks fab! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks love.... for once it wasn't too long for a shorty like me
DeleteOoooooo, I always admired this dress but had no idea when or where I would wear it! With the caplet, it's beautiful. Welcome back lovely, missed your face. xo
ReplyDeletethanks Mel.this was my first summer attempt at the dress and fluked it with the caplet.
DeleteAAAH! I have that dress too! I was going to wear it for the Strapless challenge! Oh you look so lovely in it :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Jen. Even though I missed the strapless one - I kind of felt I still did it with this dress.
Delete