Saturday, April 27, 2013

Adventures in Parramatta & beyond.....Sol.Cafe.

A quick post as I am reduced to blogging on my smart phone after I killed another laptop. R.I.P. HP.

I've been feeling crap all week. So much so I gave up tickets to riverside theatre last night for time on the couch.

But I was determined not to let my cold keep me indoors for too long this weekend, so I hit the road - headed for Baulkham Hills.

After reading Miss Piggy Eats post on Sol. Cafe, I have had it in my mind to head there one weekend. And to make it even more attractive, I discovered that there were two opshops within walking distance of the cafe. SCORE!!

I parked at the nearby Stockland Mall and headed along Old Northern Road to Sol. Sol. is located in a group shops - but nicely set back from the busy Windsor Road/Old Northern Road intersection.

I settled into an indoor table, and was seen too immediately. I ordered an English Breakfast tea, and took a look at the menu. Sol. has a range of all day items - from breakfast type dishes to more lunch type fare. I am a traditionalist when it comes to meals before 10am, so I gravitated towards the breakfast side of the menu.

After struggling between two choices, I went with the Baked Eggs with Spinach, tomato and bacon. I also ordered a fresh juice containing orange and ginger.

The juice was just what the doctor ordered. And when I finished it, the owners gave me the leftovers as they'd juiced too much!

The eggs were perfectly cooked - runny with a nice amount of heat in the dish.

All in all, it was a pretty good morning, the food was perfect, the drinks were delicious and the thtifting was good. I've already recommended Sol. too a few people before the day was even over.

On the thrifting side - I scored a neon top and a Maggie T jacket and a barely used Glasshouse Candle from Vinnies, a cute French teapot from the MS Community Shop and a funky lamp and oil lantern from a Salvos Garage Sale. It was as though the thrift shop fairy was guiding me.

2 comments:

  1. Winning finds!!! esp. the yellow top....I hope you get better! More ginger and vitamin c to kick that cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked the cafe -- I mentioned the op shops in my post just to entice you there (really)! Hope you feel better soon - I'm just getting over my "thing", it's really knocked me about.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.