Saturday, October 12, 2013

Adventures in Parramatta and beyond - Plus Size Market day

Today I headed out west to Hawkesbury Racecourse for the Lion's Club Richmond Hawkesbury markets. The reason - other than I like to shop - was that a few of the Aussie Curves ladies were combining their powerful shopping forces together and were holding stalls to sell off their "excess stock". So, early this morning I picked up a new comer to the Aussie Curves world - Miss Piggy from http://one100dresses.blogspot.com.au/ -  and headed west.

Danimezza held a stall about 6 months ago, which was a success - but she decided that it would be more fun to hold the next one at a bigger markets and invite other ladies to join in. She even did a fantastic post to help them with the do's and dont's : http://www.danimezza.com/2013/02/how-to-set-up-a-plus-size-market-stall/

I was not up for selling but I was up for buying:

As far as the eye could see, tents full of plus sized fashion from the lovely Aussie Curves girls.
During the morning I managed to pick up the Lucabella kimono, Harlow Gothic shirt and ASOS Curve skirt and 2 dresses.
It was a hot day, so I dressed in my summery Virtu dress, with a hat for sun protection. I managed to find the traditional market food Gozleme which I ate for breakfast. On Dani's recommendation I visited the Cupcake House stall and I was glad I did. I picked up the last Salted Caramel with Swiss Meringue cupcake - which was the BOMB. The caramel was the perfect amount of salty - not too salty but enough you can taste. Also on my list was another jar of Green Tomato pickles that I picked up last time. I had just run out and needed a new jar. SCORE.

I love this community that Dani has created. I have met some amazing people and made some great friends. Bring on Plus Size Markets 2014!

2 comments:

  1. I'm bummed I didn't get to make it, I can't wait til I have my P's! Looks like you picked up some great things! I love the harlow lace shirt so much & that cupcakes looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to let me know when the next one is on! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.