Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Aussie Curves - Stripes

This week is a favourite among the ladies of the Aussie Curves world - it is "stripes" week (a.k.a. Suger Coat It Week). As a plus size, we are constantly told not to wear horizontal stripes. But as you may have noticed most of us Aussie Curves ladies don't believe or listen to this nonsense and wear what we like. And we love horizontal stripes.


Last weekend whilst wandering through Westfield's Parramatta looking for the non-existing nice sandals for wide footed ladies, I stumbled into Jacqui E. Not a "plus sized" shop but some of their clothes in stretchier materials and more generous cuts will accommodate the plus sized.

And in this stumbling, I came across this striped stretch tunic dress. And it is here I must confess this is not the first time I stumbled on this tunic. In winter I went shopping with a blogger friend of mine, Miss Piggy Eats, and in my role as the great "enabler" I convinced her to buy this tunic.

I was very grateful to find this tunic again and on sale....

Yesterday I had a flexi day and extended my long weekend to four days (Labor Day long weekend in NSW) and spent the extra day with my mum and niece. We attended the Freedom of Entry Parade for HMAS Parramatta to celebrate the International Fleet Review as part of the 100 year anniversary of the Australian Navy. 
OK - apparently I forgot how to smile in photos again. I bought a new tripod (LOVE ALDI) after my mother broke my other one in Norway and this is the first time I've used a tripod and self timer for awhile.

We then went and picked up our 13 year old dog at the vet's where he has been since getting a bone caught in his throat a week ago. This may have been the highlight of my year so far.
Welcome home Hugo.....

3 comments:

  1. aww welcome home to Hugo!
    I love this tunic, you look fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving those footless tights and your bargain tunic! As the honorary title holder of the week I give you five stars. Fun outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tunic and you look fab! Rockin' it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.