After a couple of weeks on the sideline, I am back (briefly) with my races outfit. And what a perfect setting in order to showcase it.
Our amazing Aussie Curves founder, Danimezza, organised for a group of us NSW chicks to head to Hawesbury Racecourse during the Spring Racing Carnival for Ladies Day. Spring. Ladies Day. To me that screamed floral and pretty.
And an opportunity for me to wear my new(ish) City Chic dress.
![]() |
| Outfit Pic c/- Danimezza.com |
I decided to pick a colour from the dress and work my accessories around that. And I chose the amazing yellow flowers......... That meant a yellow clutch, yellow shoes and a yellow fascinator.
So, after months of planning, race day was finally here, and with a 12 noon meeting time, we all had plenty of time to primp and prime ourselves for the day.
Hair: I managed to squeeze in a trim last night and my hair was still pretty sweet when I got up in the morning. I simply straightened it and added the fascinator.
Body: As a major moon tanner, I liberally applied 50+ sunscreen before leaving the house. I also used Le Tan Wash Off instant tan for the first time after reading Olivia's post - love it.
Makeup: Some primer, some Rimmel Matte foundation with Revlon powder. Stilla eyeshadow with Loreal eyeliner.
So I headed for the train and the races, to meet up with Dani, Caitlin, Wendy, Jess, Jo, Alex, Casey, Jodie and Nadine.
Luckily for us, Dani and Wendy reserved tables with umbrellas so that we didn't completely melt in the 35 degree plus temperatures. We chatted. We ate. We drank. We realised there were horses racing....
And then it was time for OUTFIT PHOTOS.
At 2:30pm, it was time for those entering to line up for Fashions on the Field. Caitlin, Dani and Jo all entered - Dani made it to the second round of the Contemporary Fashions competition.
Go Aussie Curves. Go Dani.
![]() |
| Photo c/- Hawkesbury Race Club Ltd |
![]() |
| Photo c/- Hawkesbury Race Club Ltd |
The rest of us cheered them on:
![]() |
| Photo c/- Hawkesbury Race Club Ltd |
We had a great day and are already thinking forward to 2014.
And I love this awesome pic of us at the end of the day:
![]() |
| Photo c/- Danimezza |




.jpg)




You looked gorgeous Claire! looks like such a fun fab day was had :)
ReplyDeleteFAB dress! Love the colours...how new'ish is it???
ReplyDeleteLooks like you all had a awesome day! Love that dress, I really want it!
ReplyDeleteLoved this post, we're so doing RoseHill next year x
ReplyDeleteI'm so going to the next one of these!!! It looked like a fun day
ReplyDeleteYou look fab... loving the yellow accessories :)
Love you dress Claire - you scrub up alright lady!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like SUCH a fun day! Gorgeous. I loved your outfit that dress is such a show stopper!
ReplyDelete