Saturday, June 2, 2012

Saturday Thrifting....

It is the first weekend of winter here in the greater west. 
Rain is falling for the first time in a month. 
Perfect weather for visiting a few op shops - looking for some gems.

First stop Merrylands St Vincent De Paul on Centenary Road.


Thanks to the lovely Sophie of Her Library Adventures, I have discovered the beautiful world of Johnson Australia.
These are my two latest additions, cute little side plates.

    

I couldn't believe my luck, when the "special cabinet" behind the cashier contained, not one but two, vintage green cut glass plates/bowls.

Next stop - St Vincent De Paul Merrylands on Pitt Street.



Two beautiful cut glass bowls to add to my growing collection.

Final stop of the day was Salvos at Lidcombe on Parramatta Road.



Not only did Johnson Australia make kitschy floral crockery (love that word), they also produced glazed pastel plates that would look cute on anyone's table.

This week I am joining in with Flea Market Finds on Her Library Adventures. Pop on over to see what Sophie has picked up this week and other thifty finds.



4 comments:

  1. I think that is what I love most about Johnson Australia....its the amazing variety of sweet floral patterns... these are gorgeous.
    Mardi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your green glass dishes, they're exactly what I'm looking for to keep my make up bits and bobs in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finds!

    Smiles,
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.