Saturday, June 2, 2012

What's on my Kindle - June Edition


Reading has always been a big part of my life.
The daughter of an english teacher has little choice in the matter - luckily, like my father, I love to read.

Whilst books will always play a big part in my life, I received an e-reader for my birthday a few years back and surprisingly, I love it.

Easy to read in bed.
You can always have a book in your handbag.
Take more than one book away with you without oversized luggage.

So here is what is currently on my kindle, what I have read, what I am reading and what I have lined up.


As a fan of the HBO Series "Game of Thrones", I was interested to find out the whole story.

I fell in love with Sookie, Bill and Eric before "True Blood" and every year I get to find out more about their story.

As part of a book/wine drinkers club, Sound of One Hand Clapping and There Should be More Dancing are two of our recent books........probably should start There Should be More Dancing....

And now I get to the Fifty Shades of Grey series. I read them due to the hype I was hearing buzzing around the net..........smashed them out over the Easter long weekend. And my verdict - writing was not great (read: woeful) but in spite of that, I couldn't put them down. Did I like the characters? No. Did I fall for the mysterious Grey? No. Did I think that, like Bella Swan in Twilight, that Anastasia could do with growing a set? Yes.

And the last book (not pictured) is Bikie Wars: Brothers in Arms, based on the Milperra Massacre in the 1980s. It is the first major crime I recall from my childhood as it was on Father's Days and a young girl was killed. I guess the recent TV series based on the book lead to my reading of this book. Also, what can I say....I am a sucker for True Crime..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.