I sprung to action, corralled the sales volunteer, and paid for my desk and dresser (+ delivery) for the grand total of $140, including shipping. Yeah for me.
And as I was being shepherded to the rear of the store to fill in my details for delivery, I spied a pretty cut green glass oval bowl in the special glass cabinet at the front of the store. I snapped that one up ASAP. It will look very pretty sitting on my new dresser....
Next, we visited Salvos at Lidcombe. Sitting on the long, narrow shelves at the rear of the store, were 5 Johnson Australia saucers, in a design I was yet to acquire. Also purchased from here was a glass butter container (I think that's what it is) and another cut glass tray for jewellery storage/display.
All in all, a fruitful Saturday.
I have never seen that Johnson pattern either! Great find!
ReplyDeleteI have a bowl like your green one in brown, they're pretty aren't they?
I am slightly obsessed with pretty glass bowls - always on teh look out for green ones.........
Delete