verb
- Mark (a significant or happy day or event), typically with a social gathering
- Do something enjoyable to mark such an occasion
This weeks challenge is the first for new 2013/2014 list. And to do justice to both the occasion and the new list, I bring you two celebration outfits.
The first is the outfit that I wore to the Aussie Curves first birthday celebrations event at The Clock hotel at Surry Hills.
I have been searching for the perfect pair of black pants - ones that work for work and as "going out" pants - and finally I managed to find them. I loved them so much that I even bought a second pair. And the pants? They are the Black Cigarette Pants by Wonderlust from The Iconic. Great cut. Great material. So comfy but classy.
I teamed the pants with a "animal print" long jumper thing from Piper Woman at Myer and a pair of black heeled low ankle boots from Wittner.
![]() |
| I included my new Oroton handbag which I am in love with - stylish, small and has a shoulder strap. |
![]() |
| Whilst I liked the individual pieces and my eye makeup, my hair was not cooperating that night and the overall outfit didn't fully work for me.... I arrived at the Clock Hotel, fashionably late as there is NO PARKING in the inner city, to find that Dani had organised a great spot on the balcony upstairs with comfy chairs and mood lighting. I missed happy hour - thanks to the traffic and the parking situation - but still bought my one allowed drink - a Fuzzy Typewriter cocktail. We chatted about ourselves - as some of us had never met in real life before - and of course, fashion. We sampled some of the food from the bistro - I had a very yummy BBQ Brisket Burger; and shared the amazing cake decorated by the talented iCurvy. It was a great evening; with new friends. |






Great outfit, and your eyemakeup looks AWESOME! Man that cake looked so beautiful, sounds like a lovely night :)
ReplyDeleteYou look great! I love your outfit! The cake looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteYou looked amazing and I wanted to steal your bag... just saying ;)
ReplyDeleteI really love the outfit lady!! I hear you about the hair though. Mine never works for me when I need it to, but if I'm staying home it's all like hey, check THIS awesome look out. Grrr. Annoying.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait for part TWO!
OMG that handbag...I went into Oroton the other day and left drooling over a wallet I would kill for but was over $300! I'm so jealous you were able to get to the meet up! You look lovely!
ReplyDeleteLove the silver highlights in this jumper Claire! SOunds like a fab night, I'm sad I missed it :( Oh well, next time!
ReplyDeleteI'm seriously lusting after those pants!
ReplyDelete