I work in local government; which is a semi-corporate type of workplace, so we are not restricted to a suit and tie but as someone in management I need to dress "smartly" on occasion.
For those that follow me on Instagram (@msclaire76), you will know that I tend to post my work outfits at the beginning of every work day. It's my motivation to get up and out of the house.
So here are a "few" collages of what I wear to work:

As you can see, I like to mix it up a fair bit - dresses, pants, skirts and occasionally jeans. Most things in my wardrobe are fair game for work - except formal type things - I will dress stuff up and down depending on how I am feeling.
As a planner (both my day job (town planner - nothing exciting) and my nature), I organise my work wardrobe the night before so I can:
- sleep in as long as I can
- stick to my routine so I can get out of the door on time
- dress for the day and my schedule. For example on Mondays, I am the "face" of the team; so I try and dress a little less casual but I'm on my feet so flats. Wednesdays I have a lot of external meetings with applicants - so I dress my most corporate on these days. Thursdays include yoga at lunch so pants (no stockings) so I can easily get changed in and out of my yoga gear. And Fridays are casual - but must remember a blazer to dress up my jeans and a tee if I have an external meeting scheduled.
I am really interested to see how the other girls work it for work - because we all do very different jobs. Check there outfits out below.


I love all the outfits- it's so cool you have this running record of your work outfits.
ReplyDeletethis is the most epic post ever, love it! I always look forward to seeing your morning outfit on instagrram x
ReplyDeleteYOU have the best work outfits ever. Great collage, awesome post. I'm pinning these as we speak. Nice.
ReplyDeleteLove.them.all!
ReplyDeleteI love your style Claire :) when I'm not installing exhibitions, I'm a Federal public servant, so I'm with you every other day on the "smartly" dressed!
ReplyDelete