Monday, September 9, 2013

Aussie Curves - $50 challenge

After a few weeks off from challenges, I'm back. I loved reading everyone's vulnerability posts but that kind of post is just not me so I decided not to join in. But saving money whilst buying fashionable outfits is....

But, like Suger, I am concerned about the real cost of cheap, quick fashion; and therefore I am trying to look more at thrifting (like Mele, Siki-Lou and Sophie) and have also started sewing my own clothes. But I still like to browse.
So today, I headed into my local shopping centre and Big W. Whilst there are some OK things in Emerson and Peter Morrisey, there wasn't much chop in Avella (except for the dress that Wendy already featured this morning). And there, in the corner of my eye was a blue and white striped shirt. One that would work for casual and corporate. So I headed to the changerooms with a denim skirt and some heels, to take some pics of my outfit.
I loved the shirt - yes I bought it. I didn't get the skirt - I have enough denim skirts at home and did not need another and the shoes whilst I loved them, I wouldn't get a lot of wear out of them as they were a little high for me.
Well that's what I sourced for the challenge, check out what the other ladies found for a pineapple ($50 note for those playing in NZ)

4 comments:

  1. ah, now I understand what you meant by the pineapple comment :)
    looks great, I can see why you took the shirt home

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this classic look. And such great bargains too! Thanks for the shout out too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look GREAT. I love this top. Just beautiful. Thanks for the mention. I love that you're making your own clothes and thrifting more. I can't wait to see how that shows up in your outfits. EXCITING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh I really like the shirt. There is something just to classic about a good fitted shirt.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.