Sunday, June 2, 2013

Aussie Curves - Spike

Spike.
When I think of Spike - the first thing that comes to mind is James Masters.
Who?
He played Spike in Buffy the Vampire Slayer - one of my favourite shows of all time.
Spike was all Billy Idol like - bleached blonde hair, long leather jacket, punk.

I could have gone that way..................but I have red hair (at the moment), a short leather jacket and I am not very punk.
Oh well.
Instead I went with some items of clothing that had spikes on them. And shoes. And a bangle.
Pants - ASOS Curve
Top - Jacqui E
Shoes - Mimco
Earrings - Sussan
Bangle & Ring - City Chic
Now this is one of the few times that you will see me without sleeves, but the epaulets on the shoulders were too awesome to cover and any jacket just didn't sit right with the pants.
Enjoy.
The pants are too long for flats - that is the life of a short arse.
And the studs started falling off the pants on the first wear.....



19 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE Spike. Beats Edward or Jacob any day. Buffy was my guilty secret long before I realised anyone else thought it was cool. We now own the whole set and my girls love it as much as me. Not sure if I will manage a post this week but you rocked yours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - another Buffy lover. Finished off season 7 for the umpteenth time yesterday. Thanks

      Delete
  2. you dont need sleeves! Out fit is awesome, love those pants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ezmae - not sure of the pants myself yet but the studs are cool.

      Delete
  3. Give me Spike anyday over Angel.
    That outfit looks cool on you, and loving that top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you Kristy - Spike over Angel. Thanks - it is such an old top. Very glad I didn't chuck it out.

      Delete
  4. The updo, the earrings, the beaded shoulders, the shoes! this is such an elegant take on spikes - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Katie - didn't think of that when I styled it but it kind of is.

      Delete
  5. Love the shoes. Nothing wring with flats: those are some serious ARSE KICKING flats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they would do some decent damage - that is if I could lift my feet as they are pretty painful

      Delete
  6. You look FAB! Loving this look and on you. LOVE that top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel.The top is an oldie but a goodie

      Delete
  7. I really love this outfit! While it's all black it seems really powerful. Oh, and I'm glad i'm not the only one who thought of Spike from Buffy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nat. And good to see another Buffy fan here.

      Delete
  8. Thanks Jeanie, another great description.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.