Monday, October 8, 2012

Aussie Curves - Blue (Monday)



I'm back..................

After a weeks break i which i moved into my first home, which is still in a state of unpacked boxes and painters, I was able to find some blue items of clothing for this weeks challenge. (and I had to go through a lot of boxes).

This week will be spent clearing cardboard (I had a pile of cardboard over 6 foot high in my lounge room at one stage), dropping off unwanted items at Op Shops and generally running around doing errands. So, instead of my normal work attire, I am in my casuals. Did I mention I am one week into four weeks off work???

I am currently sitting at my parents house, as my place is full of painters, repairing the crap paint work done by the previous owner.

Luckily I found my DSLR, tripod and remote control so I was able to take some pics. This is my first time with the tripod and remote, so it is a work in progress for me, but I am fairly happy with how the shots turned out.

Excuse the lack of makeup and crappy hair - makeup is still packed (except for BB Cream..... life's necessities) and I am yet to buy a hair dryer (I shared with my mum for past few years).


I love these City Chic blue jeans. Very comfy, not too heavy - which means they can be worn more of the year. 
The tee was one of those "wondering at lunch, ooo - that's pretty" purchases. I have gotten a lot of mileage out of it so far.
The cardigan is a Mix one - I have a few. Loses its shape easily - but bounces back each wash.
The shoes I bought at the opening day of Big W at Merrylands Stocklands. The shoes I had one that day were melting to my feet (it is was 35 degrees) and I spied these on an end. They are cool and comfortable. They are my current "go to" shoe.

One of the things I am doing this week is packing for Pro Blogger - which involves hunting through more boxes.


19 comments:

  1. New house! Must so exciting like when you get a new car and all you want to do is drive it :D I love your shades of blue and the shirt just brings that extra spunk into the mix ;) Have fun in Melbourne Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - the new house is exciting. I wanted a lot of blue so I think I succeeded.

      Delete
  2. Moving is monstrous but I'm sure having a nice new place will be worth it! I'll see you at problogger! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was monstrous - I swear I am a cripple as a result. Can't wait to meet everyone at problogger

      Delete
  3. Oooh congrats on the new house! I love this whole outfit, the way you've paired the darker blue jeans with lighter blue cardy, and then the stripey top inbetween- just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Bek - on both counts.... i love the colour of these jeans.

      Delete
  4. Great colour combo this week! The more I see electric blue and teal mixed together, the more I want!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a great combo - very spring/summery - which i guess i was going for (trying to get around the fact that it is old here at the moment)

      Delete
  5. Oh WOW those jeans are spectacular. You're fabulous for finding time to post amongst the moving torture. Hope your new home is all you want it to be and hope this week is easier for You.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved them online. they fit perfectly in the shop. i had to have them. I can't wait for the painting to be finished and get in and decorate

      Delete
  6. Love the colours! Just fab and they suit you so beautifully you really don't need make-up. See you at ProBlogger lovely! Can't WAIT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Mel - i just love this cobalt blue colour at the moment. you will definitely see me at problogger.....

      Delete
  7. loving those jeans! Happy new house too!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia.... I knew you would feel my new house/my life is a mess at the moment feeling

      Delete
  8. Good call with the New Order lyrics! VERY relevant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colour pallet and how they all come together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your mixed blues and pops of other colour! Such a great outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.