Apparently majority of my friends' parents were big fans of spring - as I have a large number of friends born in July.
This weekend I headed off to two dinners for three friends, one in the Greater West, the other in
The Shire.
Firstly to Friday night drinks and dinner at
The Winston, a hotel on Caroline Chisholm Drive, Winston Hills, next door to the the Winston Hills Shopping Centre. I hadn't been to the Winston Hills Hotel (as it used to be called) since I was about 18........a long time ago. Times and interiors have changed.
 |
Cosy by the fire place in the lounge
 |
 |
| I am a sucker for a nice light fixture |
 |
| A bit too cosy on a surprisingly warm winters night |
 |
| Pimms with dry ginger ale, lemonade, lemon, lime and cucumber - a nice drink. |
 |
Buffalo mozzarella, tomato and basil pizza...........
Not really sure whether it was buffalo or not, thinking not, but it was nicely cooked.
Wouldn't order this again - nothing special, but there were many other pizzas on the menu I would like to try - buyers remorse.... |
Saturday night was dinner at Fratelli Del Mare at Cronulla with some of my oldest friends, for two of their birthdays. The four of us met at university in the 1990s, and over 15 years later with marriages, kids and mortgages, we still get together to celebrate milestones in our lives. We decided on the 8 course degustation menu for $45.............great value. So much food.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.