Sunday, July 29, 2012

Saturday Thrifting

This week's thrifting comes to you from Friday Thrifting, rather than Saturday, as I managed to sneak a day off work on Friday. After seeing the excellent "The Dark Knight Rises", and with over an hour until my booked facial and massage, I called in at North Parramatta Salvos to see what goodies were available.
I thought I was out of luck - no Johnson, no pretty plates or glasses. And then, just as I was about to walk out, I saw this gorgeous mirror sitting on an old lounge. I had to have it. My nanna and grandma both had old mirrors at their houses and this reminded me of theirs. I can't wait to actually have a house in which to hang it in.

No luck this Saturday with the open house inspections. We did visit an antique shop in Parramatta, great place if you can actually get into the shop as it is a hoarders paradise. JanJan picked up a green glass citrus juicer. A thing of beauty.

After that, we returned home to watch the encore of the London Olympic games opening ceremony.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your mirror!!
    Would love something like that hanging around here too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to think I nearly walked out without seeing it....

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.