Saturday thrifting comes to you a day early.
I managed to have Friday off work for a hair appointment, after working a 6 day week previously.
greater west.
First stop was a random sighting whilst driving towards another shop.... the call of a sign proclaiming
a cute little church hall op shop, with a few precious knick knacks.
not purchased - but looked so cute on the shelf.
a cute little bowl
New Zealand Ironstone plate
Next Stop - St Vinnie's Wentworthville
Not much to choose from, but did come across this cute little cup.
Next I was off to my favourite St Vinnies at Merrylands. They always have amazing stuff.
Four wine glasses to match some champagne glasses picked up earlier this year.
And a lot of jewellery means a lot a glass dishes to put them in.
And then, I hit what I thought was the Johnson Australia motherload:
x 1
x 8
x 1
After that excitement (10 plates for $5....), I thought I'd hit one last shop.
Salvos, North Parramatta.
And then, the actual Johnson motherload. I had planned to have a mismatched dinning set once I moved into my own home and after these two purchases I believe I have a enough plates for everyday use.
x 4 at 50% off
x 2 at 50% off
x 6 at 50% off
and then to top that off, I discovered another fold away cake stand
and a copy of Silence of the Lambs - needed for July book club - for $2.50
And here is a special something I saw for my Dad - he loves kitsch Pope stuff.
And so ends another week thrifting...........might have to stay away for a while...LOL
wow! I love your new collection of plates! so lovely!
ReplyDeleteSmiles,
The Joyful Thrifter
I feel I was very lucky to find so many plates - with so many different patterns......
DeleteOh, I love Johnson Australia! I wish someone would import some of it to the states! I love the little rose cup!
ReplyDeleteWhat a pity you don't have Johnson over there. I had to buy the rose cup - couldn't leave it on its lonesome in the shop.
DeleteJohnson love. You found so many lovely designs.
ReplyDeletex
I think I might be set for life.............but I am sure that it wont stop me from searching for more...
ReplyDelete