Sunday, July 15, 2012

Saturday Thrifting

Saturday was the official start of my search for my first home. The phrase "you can't judge a book by its cover" also applies to real estate advertisements. At the first place, we didn't even get out of the car as there was not a great vibe from the complex. So with time to kill before the second open house, we headed to my favourite Vinnies on Centenary Road Merrylands. 
A new addition to my cut glass tray collection......perfect for keeping necklaces in.
Johnson Australia Bread & Butter plates
After finishing at Vinnies, and with still more time on our hands, I took a punt on the little church op shop I spied a few weeks ago on Station Road Wentworthville.
Beautiful cut glass vase. I didn't have one of this pattern or height. 
And another couple of Johnson Australia bread & butter plate.s.....new Johnson designs for my collection
a pretty tray from Johnson England.
 Whilst I may not have found somewhere to buy (yet), Saturday was still a profitable day.....




6 comments:

  1. Such beautiful finds. I love all the pretty plates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now have the ability to sniff out a pretty plate in an op shop in 10 seconds flat........looking forward to putting together my "mistmatched" set.

      Delete
  2. I adore your Johnson Australia floral plates...I have been building a little mismatched set of my own....but yours are beautiful florals for sure.
    Good luck with the home search
    Mardi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mardi. I can't wait to use my mismatched set once I find a place.........maybe a different design each night.

      Delete
  3. Wow love all your finds, especially all the Johnson goodness.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zara. I was lucky with all of my finds.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.