I work in an office environment.
I am stuck on a computer all day.
I don't exercise.
I used to. Now I don't.
All this is about to change. My workplace is introducing the 10,000 steps Challenge as a health promotion initiative. And it is about time I got up off my arse and started to think about my fitness. My health.
For me this is not necessarily about losing weight. But that would be ok.
For me this is about getting fitter.
What’s 10,000 steps all about?
10,000 steps is the recommended daily step count each person should achieve to maintain their health. The average Australian office worker only takes around 3,000 steps a day.
To make things interesting, we are participating in teams (SEVEN LUNGING LADIES + DUNCAN) with prizes available.
And as I love to shop, I had to "pop out" and pick up some new outfits for the challenge.
So on Monday afternoon, after work, we will be commencing our first walk to help assist us on our way onto and past 10,000 steps.......


good luck with your step challenge, it will change your life! I just finished the Global Corporate Challenge which was 112 days of counting steps and I loved every minute of it. It has definitely change my exercise habits for the better.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.facebook.com/GlobalCorporateChallenge
Thanks for the inspiration - I am looking forward to it. I am sure the team atmosphere will spur my on.
Delete