Monday, September 24, 2012

Aussie Curves - Stripe

Like Mel, I have been eagerly looking forward to STRIPES week. But instead of going my normal route - which is generally an outfit that I would wear to work - I have decided to combine this weeks challenge with the 10,000 steps challenge that we are participating in at work.

As regular readers would be aware, I am in the process of packing and moving into my first home (when I eventually get a settlement date) and my wardrobe, for the most, is now contained within boxes strewn throughout my parents house. SO there was no way I was going to open them randomly and search for some newly purchased Big W Michelle Bridges active wear (I cannot review these items as I am yet to actually wear them. They are packed away, with the tags still on them). SO what does any self respecting shopping addict do - go shopping more new active wear.

Luckily for me, Target had 40% off active wear on the day that I shopped. I picked up two pairs of tights/pants and 2 tops plus socks and shoes. All but the striped Moda top you are about to see were from the "normal sized" ladies clothing range, which now goes up to size 20. I find Moda a little hit and miss style wise but I could not resist this striped purple number that goes perfectly with my new T30 active wear tights (the T30 is for exercise 30 minutes a day).

So here is my exercise outfit - stripes and all.
First time wearing the new top and tights - so comfortable.

I will be blogging about my 10,000 steps journey over the next 10 weeks - to inform, inspire and to keep the bastards honest (by bastards, I mean me).

In the meantime, check out the other lovely ladies' take on stripes....


23 comments:

  1. Thanks Jeanie - thought I'd do a different take...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the 10,000 if I was near Parra I'd be with you ... great stripes ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie.........I am powering on with the steps.

      Delete
  3. Darn it! Comment lost. Short version: I love striped work out wear, you look great, kick the challenge's butt and not what I expected from you either. ;)

    Don't you just HATE comment loss. Was my fault, not logged into the right account, the changeover ate it, blah blah. Sad face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the love Mel (whether it is a short or long comment)...........you are one of my exercise inspirations. I have major problems with commenting on works outdated IE so I don't comment there in case I lose something...

      Delete
  4. How exciting!! Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOMENESS! I esp. love the 10,000 steps....I should get my work to do it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are so motivated at work for the challenge.............Thanks Mele

      Delete
  6. Great twist on stripes. I am really excited by all the great plus sized work out gear that is coming on the market now!

    Does the 10,000 steps have an app?? I would love to know more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy to see all of the great work gear as well and they were not "dowdy"/"frumpy" items either.
      10,000 steps has an app.........

      Delete
  7. 10,000 steps! Way to go!! I'd hate to think how few steps I take each day thanks to my sit down job. Love your stripey workout gear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really makes you think Lisa. Probably walk a little more around the office now.

      Delete
  8. Looks like fab workout wear! hope the unpacking goes well! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wish there was an unpacking fairy Ashley - luckily I thought about the challenges in advance so I had the clothes out in advance.

      Delete
  9. Love it. I'm looking for a 'work out outfit' so I'll check out Target :-)
    Luv Jac @ Common Chaos Chronicle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely recommend target gear Jac - reasonable priced, comfortable and attractive.

      Delete
  10. Glad you found some plus size workout gear- I haven't yet though Cult of Cali look like they do my size. You look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! Love your totally different spin on stripes, you've inspired me xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVING your stripy top! You look ready for any physical challenge! Good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your style and top..!for best ladies clothing you have it easily online on got apparel..

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.