Friday, September 14, 2012

What I Wore to Work Weekly

I have been so inspired by the Aussie Curves challenge that I am part of. (If you haven't heard of Aussie Curves - click here). I love the challenge of coming up with an outfit that matches the challenge and then photographing the outfit, editing and composing a post. Oh - and reading all of the other amazing ladies posts.
However, it is a weekly challenge and not all of the challenges, readily translate to a work appropriate outfit for someone that works in government, in the corporate part of government, with an emphasis on customer service and meetings with external stakeholders. (Man I sound like a manager in government, oh wait, I am...)
So each week I am going to post my work outfits to push myself to chose appropriate but stylish and funky outfits to wear to work. 
a bit of a disclaimer here:
  1. We have casual Fridays every week, so Fridays outfits may be a bit "corporate casual"
  2. I have 4 weeks annual leave coming up so there will be a brief interruption to your regular viewing schedule.
So here goes:
The Estelle line from Myer is a great - albeit expensive - curvy line of casual and going out clothing. This dress was on sale for less than half the original price. It is a lovely soft cotton that will translate well from spring to summer - even winter with tights.
The cardigan was a steal from Coles' Mix Apparel line - 2 for $29 in some fantastic colours and I could not resist the peach. The quality is OK - stretches out of shape very easily and doesn't bounce back until after washing but perfect for a cool spring day.
OMG. I am in love with these pants. I have shopped here and there from Dream Diva over the years - even venturing into their shop in Melbourne, and have generally been very happy with what I have got. But these pants are on a whole new level. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.
I teamed them with a loose black tank from Piper Women (another Myer curvy brand) and Virtu Tuxedo Jacket. I love my Virtu Tuxedo Jacket - it i so comfy but looks very professional.
I generally have a major issue with Target's curvy ladies clothes line Moda. It is normally very frumpy and old looking - with nothing for a single gal in her 30s, who wants to look like a single gal in her 30s (or 20s if I could). So I was pleasantly surprised to spy this grey dress from Moda City Dressing at my local Target. It wasn't frumpy, I didn't look over 50 in it and it had POCKETS. I have received a lot of compliments when wearing this dress. Try and keep the good work up Target?? 
This dress is from the normal Target range - not the Moda range. Target have started to sell some of their clothes in their normal range up to a 20. This is a great soft jersey like dress that can be dressed up with a jacket (as I did last week) or dressed down with tights and a cardie. This is another cardigan from Mix Apparel - loving the apple green colour. Today I decided to add the beehive and just happened to have a pair of 1950s glasses in the car (as you do).
Casual Friday. Sick Friday. I wanted something easy and quick as I felt like crap but had some meetings to attend at work. So I poped on my City Chic TDF Apple Skinny Jeans, ASOS Curve sheer orange floral top and apple green Mix Apparel cardigan. I know that I have read some mixed reviews about these jeans but they work for me. Comfy and stylish. And they fit well on me. This top was sheerer than I thought so I had the cardigan buttoned up at the top to protect my modesty in my meetings. I love the fluidity and movement of the top - and the colour isn't half bad either. And I got it on sale!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.