Monday used to be "not my favourite day" of the week, what with it signifying both the end of the weekend and the longest amount of time until the next one. However these days Mondays bring about an anticipation, of fantastic fashion, mutual love of fantastic fashion and a spike in blog visits.
Which brings me to todays Aussie Curves challenge: TRIBAL.
I don't exactly have a lot of TRIBAL gear in my wardrobe, and with most of it packed up in anticipation of my move in less than 2 weeks time, I was wondering what I could pull out of the hat. And then I "happened" to be in Myer on my birthday, having a look around/shopping, when I spied a pair of pants by Estelle, that gave me that TRIBAL vibe.
So I entered the change rooms, and ventured out 10 minutes later (I had other items to try on as well) with a pair of pants and an idea for my TRIBAL outfit.
Once again I tried to think of an outfit that would work for work as well as out of work, so I have teamed it with a black Katies T, Mix Apparel Cardigan and Wittner heels. To add bling to the outfit, I added a suitably coloured necklace from Colette by Colette Heyman.
The pants are cotton with limited stretch (I prefer a little stretch in the pants) but they weren't tight (and a size smaller than normal - yeah). They will work well for spring and summer as they are a light cotton blend, but may be a little chilly in winter (the winds of Paramatta can whip up between the buildings ). I love these Wittner heels - I wear them at work a fair bit. Not too work - no I wear flats too work and from work, but heels at work.
So this is my TRIBAL post........check out below what the other ladies have done.





Yay for tripods! Photos have gotten a lot easier since I got mine. I love the pop of colour in your cardy and that gorgeous necklace. :-)
ReplyDeleteAgreed Bek - can't wait for the remote to arrive. Thanks - I think I tried about 3 different cardies on before choosing the orange.
DeleteI so agree with you about Mondays now being a whole lot better! I love your look this week. I picked up an Estelle dress for this week's challenge too, for an insanely good price.
ReplyDeleteI know I don't dread Mondays as much anymore......... Thanks Lisa - saw your dress, love an Estelle bargain..
DeleteLol very close!! Great minds sure do think alike! And that necklace is fab too!
ReplyDeleteThanks Olivia.........I am sure you will keep finding gems through all of the unpacking..
DeleteI LOVE THIS LOOK!!! Sorry. Shouting. Oh wow. But really. Very cool. And I know what you mean about mondays being so much fun now. LOVE.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mel............ hadn't worked pants into a look yet so thought it was about time......
DeleteThanks Jeanie - I do have to work on that smiling in photos thing. I'll work on it over my 4 weeks leave.... Gotta love a bargain cardie & necklace..
ReplyDeleteYou look amazing!!! Super outfit!
ReplyDeleteIf you want then please check out my blog - http://bigisalsobeautiful.blogspot.co.il/
Thanks. I was happy the way the outfit worked out.
DeleteLove the orange against the print on the pants. You look great.
ReplyDeleteLuv Jac @ Common Chaos Chronicle xox
Thanks Jac. The orange was a last minute choice.
DeleteLove love those pants! Perfect for summer! x
ReplyDeletethanks Ashley - hoping to get a lot of wear out of them over the summer
Delete