Wuthering Heights
Heathcliff, it's me, Cathy, I've come
home
I'm so cold, let me in in-a-your-window
Heathcliff, it's me, Cathy, I've come
home
I'm so cold, let me in in-a-your-window
Whilst most of posts recently have been about either what I am wearing or stuff about my soon-to-be new house, I do actually do other things with my time. Apart from working to pay for my clothes and soon-to-have mortgage, I spend time with my oldest love, reading. Being born into a family containing an English teacher for a father and grandfather, meant that us kids were read to from a very early age and all read big books by kindergarten.
Paper back writer (paperback writer)
Dear Sir or Madam, will you read my book?
It took me years to write, will you take a look?
It's based on a novel by a man named Lear
And I need a job, so I want to be a paperback writer,
Paperback writer.
A few years ago (gosh - it might be 6 years or so) I joined a book club with a lady I used to work with and ladies her kids went to primary school with. Six years later, most of us are still there, with a few newcomers coming and going over those year, catching up once every six weeks to discuss the book, gossip and drink wine. (yes we are one of those book clubs - plenty of wine).
Here are the books that we have read this year:
![]() |
| Love: The Silence of the Lambs Neutral: Theatre |
![]() |
| Dislike: Fold Like: Cold Comfort Farm |
![]() |
| Love: Pigeon English Neutral: The Rights of Desire |



I agree re "Fold" (despite my love of poker, I found nothing to love in this book!) I don't think there was one likeable character!
ReplyDeleteStill, I persevered, ignoring my usual mantra of "life's too short for bad books" ;)
I'm currently reading "The Passage" by Justin Cronin... Really enjoying it
bugger, I clicked the wrong one and it didn't show my name! As a fellow fan of "The Stand" I think you might enjoy it too!
ReplyDeleteI'll have to keep that one in mind Cass - I do have an amazon gift card to work on :P
Delete