I try my best.
I read up on photography.
I look at the awesome pics displayed by other bloggers,like Danimezza, and wish I could do better.
So when my Facebook feed displayed DSLR lessons at my local mall as part of their 30 Days of fashion and Art events. And they were free.
I booked in for all of the sessions - fashion and food photography; and self portraiture. And today was fashion photography.
I went to the early session, which was rather empty probably due to the dreadful monsoonal weather outside. We met our tutor - Maja - who photographs all of the events for Stocklands, who kitted us out with heavy duty Canon DSLRs as some of our cameras didn't have the right holes to sync with the lights.
We used four different light sources; three different backgrounds and three different models. And it wasn't necessarily about "pretty fashion" shots. We were told to think outside the box; and as it turned out some of my favourite shots were some of my model's "bad" shots. (See last collage).
It was only an hour and a half, so were weren't given a huge amount of time to learn and shoot but what we did was fun.
Here are a couple of shots that I took, plus some shots from the day.

I ended up missing the food photography one - but from what I saw on IG, the photos were amazing and still gave you an idea of what to think about when styling a food photo. I won't be able to make the last one - but when it come to the iPhone selfie............I got this one!!
However it did get me thinking about studying this thing called photography a little more...........stay tuned.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.