Thursday, May 9, 2013

Adventures in Parramatta - Lunch time in Church Street Mall

Once again I find myself asking, where is Autumn?
Today is a warm and sunny day in Parramatta; the sun is shining and the boots and jacket that I put on this morning may have been a mistake.
The day started off cool enough. Cool enough for a hot chai before work.
However, by the time lunch time came around, the sun was out and shining down on the mini-markets that are on every Thursday (temp) in Church Street Mall.
 
I am a semi regular to these markets and cannot wait for the re-worked Farmers Markets to commence in a few months. When I do go, there are a few stalls that I always stop in at. Those include the Brassiere Bread stall, the Bilpin Fruit & Vegetable stall and the Gozleme stall for lunch.
Today there wasn't much that I needed from the fruit and vege man - I'll wait until Saturday at the Castle Hill Farmers Markets, but I did stop in for a Quinoa and Soya loaf from Brassiere Bread.
This is my favourite bread from them - and it keeps great in the fridge as toast.
Next stop was for my lunch.
I am a huge fan of Gozleme - a bit more lemon wouldn't go astray though..
Next stop was the tart man. I was looking for something for dinner, so I stopped in and bought some small quiches - mushroom and feta - to heat up tonight.
\
I also stocked in at the tea lady to stock up on my favourite tea... 
and because I have to stay late at work today............
a lemon meringue pie.
Just cause.
If you in Parramatta on a Thursday, some of the market stalls are there early in the morning. 
If not, stop by at lunch.
And I'll keep you posted on the revamped Farmers markets when they start.

10 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about lemon with gozleme. I always ask for two pieces of lemon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly will need to up the lemon quota on my next visit. thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. OMG! That lemon meringue pie looks amazing *drool*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it tasted amazing as well. *bouncing off the walls from sugar rush*

      Delete
  3. I'm interested to see what the "reworked" farmer's markets are going to be like. And I love Gozleme too -- I noticed that Three Ropes sometimes has it on offer these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have confidence that they will be better than before. I'll have to try the Three Ropes ones next time I brunch there.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a perfect lunch!! I love good Chai as well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOZLEME! My favourite. What a fun day out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I attempted gozeleme the other night - it is so easy. And this was just my lunch break.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.