This week is sequin week. A week I know most of us have been waiting for, a chance to get our sparkly, sequinned outfits out of the wardrobe and shine.
I've been checking out everyone's posts, watching people feature items that I want or items that I have, making my decision on what to wear a difficult one. Do I wear something that someone else has shown, or look further into my sequin collection for something different?
Sequin collection I hear you say..................yes sequin collection.
I generally try and wear my outfits out - make the challenge work for an upcoming occasion or for everyday; but I had nothing coming up that shouted "sequins" to me. And I didn't really want to wear sequins to work.
So, I dressed up, just for the pics, whilst I was waiting for some sour cream pastry to cool down in the fridge before heading off to a friends house.
I bought a Damn You Alexis sequin dress last year some time but have never worn it out as it is too short for me. Way too short. But it is an amazing fit and has long sleeves and a lovely neckline (back and front) so I figured it would make an awesome top under a skirt.
This maxi skirt is also an old one, from ASOS curve. It is sheer (but lined), and cascading pleats that remain wash, after wash.
I teamed the top and skirt with an old pair of black sparkle heels from Sandler at DFO and vintage style earrings from Hollywood Style. I vamped the cat eye makeup and added some Lush Emotional Brilliance lip stain in Power.
So, I dressed up, just for the pics, whilst I was waiting for some sour cream pastry to cool down in the fridge before heading off to a friends house.
I bought a Damn You Alexis sequin dress last year some time but have never worn it out as it is too short for me. Way too short. But it is an amazing fit and has long sleeves and a lovely neckline (back and front) so I figured it would make an awesome top under a skirt.
This maxi skirt is also an old one, from ASOS curve. It is sheer (but lined), and cascading pleats that remain wash, after wash.
I teamed the top and skirt with an old pair of black sparkle heels from Sandler at DFO and vintage style earrings from Hollywood Style. I vamped the cat eye makeup and added some Lush Emotional Brilliance lip stain in Power.





Great idea to turn the dress into a top! I think it looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteWhat I love best about AC is it gets me to think about how I can make items work. I can see that dress looking amazing with a pair or black ponte pants and killer heels, worn as a tunic ;) Loving it with a fabbo skirt too though :D
Thanks. I'll have to try it with pants - but as a tunic......when I say short - I mean short. Way too much of Claire would be hanging out...
DeleteSo gorgeous! I love the all black, you look like you should be ballroom dancing!
ReplyDeleteThanks Natalie - now I just need somewhere fancy to wear it.
DeleteLady you look amazing!! Love this outfit on you and now I know who to call if I want to borrow this dress, I was just thinking the other day I REALLY need that DYA dress looking at Dani's photos on Pinterst. Haha.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mel. You are welcome to borrow it - but a warning: IT IS MEGA SHORT. YOUR ARSE WILL HANG OUT. So wear, with care.
Deleteohh that is one beautiful outfit, i love the earrings too, you look stunning
ReplyDeleteThanks - I love these earrings and wear them whenever I can.
DeleteGreat outfit! I'd wear this in a heartbeat.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sohpie. It was so simple I feel stupid for not thinking of it before.
Deletesuch a classy look... you look great!
ReplyDeletethanks Jocelyn
DeleteYou are so right, that neckline is amazing on you. Love the "top" dress.
ReplyDeleteAnd to think I have never worn it before. Thanks Kylee
Delete