This post contains items gifted for the purposes of creating content. I was not paid for this post and all thoughts and opinions are my own.
I started blogging about a year ago. And in that time I have met some pretty awesome people, some of who I now call friends. And it was through one of these friends that I received my first invite to a bloggers PR event.
The event was the Appliances Online Mother's Day Morning Tea with Breville and the Monday Morning Cooking Club. And the friend? That would be Danielle from Danimezza.com.
![]() |
| photo c/ @danimezza |
I was already a fan of both Appliances Online and the Monday Morning Cooking Club, after purchasing all of my whitegoods through them when I bought my house last year; and discovering the Cooking Club Cookbook on The Circle (sorely missed); so I was excited. And yes, I have used the cookbook.
So I popped on my glad rags and headed for Waterloo.
I spotted Dani as soon I got there, and after chatting (and the mandatory outfit shot) and meeting a few other bloggers, we headed inside for a quick tour of the facilities and then a cooking demonstration by the Monday Morning Cooking Club.
As a novice, I was quickly taken up the front by Dani - "better photo opportunities Claire" and settled in for the show. The ladies were cooking from their book, and also demonstrating the new Breville All in One appliance. As I hadn't had breakfast yet - at this stage I was mainly interested in the food.
After the demonstration - in which our mouths were left watering due to the smells coming from the oven and the mere mention of the combination of Nutella and raspberry jam - we headed out to the sunny balcony for a spot of morning tea.
Everything (bar the bagels) were cooked by the ladies and it was all awesome. There was the lightest chiffon cake I have ever eaten; the most scrumptious Nutella and Raspberry Jam Strudel; smoked salmon pastrami on bagels. And a bowl of egg and fried onions that I could have eaten by the bowlful....
After we has eaten our fill (or an amount we assumed was polite - we could have eaten more), Dani and I went to take our leave. It was then that we discovered that the lovely people from Breville and Appliances Online decided to gift us with not only a copy of the Monday Morning Cooking Club cookbook, but a Breville All in One. Not only was I excited, but I was incredibly shocked and grateful for this gift.
![]() |
| photo c/ @danimezza |
And have I used the All in One since I bought it home? Yes I have.
The first time I used it was to make a Lemon and Honey ANZAC Tart (recipe C/- Paula Joye) for Mother's Day Afternoon Tea. I used the quad blade to blitz the ANZAC biscuits and then to add the butter to the crumbs for the base.
I then used the whisk attachment to whisk the eggs, lemon, condensed milk and cream together for the filling.
Next I used it - and the Breville recipe - to make pizza dough to store in the freezer for a rainy day.
Wow. The variable speed on the blending thingy is awesome. It really allows you to control the speed of the blitz. And the attachments are easy to use and attach - can't wait use the potato masher. And I can see a LOT of SOUPS in my near future.










Thanks for your great comments Claire - so happy you had fun. We all enjoyed the entire morning, what could be better than spending it chatting, cooking and eating with a bunch of like minded food-lovers! x
ReplyDelete