Saturday, May 4, 2013

Adventures in Parramatta: Three Ropes Cafe

Autumn has been a slow time coming in Sydney this year - days of 25 plus; and nights not much lower have been the norm for April.

May has started with chillier days and nights but still fairly sunny during day. So to take advantage of that sun, i headed to Parramatta to try Three Rope Cafe for the first time in ages. I've been seeing a lot of pics from other Parramatta based bloggers from food at Three Ropes and the mothership - Circa Espresso; and figured it was time to return.

There were a few nice items to try, but I am a sucker for poached eggs and sujuk - so the breaky plate it was. Two poached eggs with slow roasted tomatoes, sujuk, feta, peas and a slice of sourdough. I also ordered a chai latte.

The eggs were runny - "that's the way I like it", the tomatoes were cooked to perfection (tomatoes are either raw or cooked, no in between for me) and the rest worked so well together.

The chai was a honey soaked blend that was sweet, but not too sweet for me. I will admit to being a little worried about trying their chai. I have had a chai from Three Ropes before - last year - and did not enjoy it. It was way too bitter for me, with no sweetness at all. But they have obviously changed their blend and for the better.

After brunch, what is a girl to do but shop and this was a Saturday that Prospectors Store was open, so I went in and visited Geraldine and purchased some new/old earrings for my ever expanding jewellery collection.

After that I hit Myer for some clearance sale goodies, then home for a Buffy marathon.

Awesome day. May the Fourth be with you all.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a perfect Parramatta Sunday to me...I need to revisit Prospector Store as it's been awhile. LOL at Circa being "the mothership"...so true.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.